Tuscany (Italy)– love for life
Tuscany combines original art, interesting architecture, rich culture a real natural specific scenic beauty with olive trees also has attracted tourists and visitors since the golden age of Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci and home of Petrarca and Dante Alighieri! No wonder that a lot of celebrities choose to live or purchase holiday homes right here – George Clooney, Roberto Cavalli or Helen Mirren…
MY TOP DESTINATIONS that YOU MUST SEE !
- FLORENCE – is regional capital with fabulous history with plenty of cathedrals, monuments and romantic places – do not miss UFIZZI GALLERY – is one of the world’s top art museum – over 1.5mil. visitors each year – you can admire Boticelli’s – Primavera and Birth of Venus or other masterpieces (Caravaggio, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo..)!
- PISA – you have a good opportunity to see the LEANING TOWER and enjoy charming streets with characteristic of different historical periods.
- SIENA – is the heart of Tuscany – very famous are historical horse (Horse Palio) races in the old and tiny streets in the city!
- SAN GIMIGNANO – charming hill town – you just jump to the medieval age but during the summer season is a little bit crowded!
- MONTEPULCIANO – is hilltop town with rich cultural history.
A FEW WORDS about FOOD – is clean, sober and simply! And what are characteristic dishes? That is salted bread, olive oil, beans, vegetables, herbs (thyme, rosemary) home made pasta, many type of cheeses.
MY FAVORITE is Ravioli in Duck Ragú and Tuscany Penne in Walnut-Garlic Sauce! Popular and tasteful is also Grape Risotto – with grapes and red wine. Famous is also Bean Soup or Tuna and Bean Salad or Florentina – style Tripe, Artichoke Omlette is also delicious. I liked Tuscan Biscuits or you can try Florentina Sponge Cake…
Do not forget – Tuscany is one of the most famous wine (red) region in Europe! In this part of Italy you can also discover famous Chianti’s area with olive trees and vineyards. You can try its iconic wine – Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
TIP – for other activities:
- If you like sport – Biking – for example bicycle tour from Florence to Montepulciano.
- If you like shopping –Visiting colorful outdoor food and Antique Markets or relax in Thermal Baths.
- If you like delicious food – you can try Cooking
Tuscany is fantastic location for romantic holiday, honeymoon or anniversary celebration… you can go there anytime but my favorite month is – September!