If you like the beach, nice weather or culture, art and movies you have to visit Los Angeles. Every six of its residents (more then 4million inhabitants) works in creative industry! This city is heart of cultural, financial and commercial of Southern California.
MY TOP MUST – SEE LIST
- Universal Studios Hollywood– is really excellent big movie – amusement park with plenty breathtaking shows, gifts shops and nice restaurants and you can stay here all day!
- Hollywood Walk of Fame– is famous and original sidewalk.
- Santa Monica Pier– cool and popular place with beach, many shops, restaurants and amusement park.
- TCL Chinese Theatre– is iconic place hosts many new movie premiers.
- Rodeo Drive– for shopping is the best place in the city…but be careful, these beautiful high brand boutiques like Chanel, Dior or Luis Vuitton offer good quality thing but very expensive.
OTHERS INTERESTING PLACES. Good to know that this city has more than 800 museums and art galleries! My favorite was modern Getty Centrumand Museum of Contemporary Art.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT FOOD. There are plenty restaurants – fresh local seafood, steak houses, bistros, pastries… – you can choose from Mexican, Irish, Japan…my favorite and very tasteful was seafood fried plate in Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant in Santa Monica Pier. This place is inspired by famous Forrest Gump movie and even you can buy here interesting souvenirs.
MY TIP- is a day trip– about 140 miles east from LA you can discover absolutely amazing combination with rugged rock formations and desert landscapes nature -that is JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK(1994) – is named after the Joshua Tree (Yucca) and given by Mormon settlers. If you like camping,hiking, climbing, … that is right place for you. Very interesting places are for example -Hidden Valley – one mile loop trail or Lost Horse Mine (history of local mining). Joshua trees are home to many animals! You can observe birds, lizards or ground squirrels.