If we are talking about place with beautiful landscape, famous cheese fondue, top-quality chocolate and the best hand made watches in the world – we are talking about Switzerland – officially the Swiss Confederation is famous small country (8.500.000 population) in the western- Central Europe – with many lakes, mountains, ski resorts! The country is famous for being watch-making capital of the world – more than 20.000 people are employed in this fine industry.
ZÜRICH – is the largest city and industrial center in Switzerland! The city has amazing history – founded by the Romans. Zurich is modern city, now with number of financial institutions and banking. And has around 400.000 inhabitants. It is a city with a breathtaking view of the Alps horizon.
Offers – unique mixture of attractions with many art galleries, museums, nice walks around the lake and in the centrum of the city you can also find bustling night life.
HIGHLIGHTS – the most interesting places – HERE IS MY TOP 5
- KUNSTHAUS – is a gallery with major interesting artworks
- SWISS NATIONAL MUSEUM – here is historical and original collection of crafts and furnishing – very interesting facts about long history and we also visited new collection of The World Press Photo.
- ALTSTADT – there are plenty of art galleries, antique and book shops and this area change in the evening into an entertainment quarter
- BAHNHOFSTRASSE – is the mile-long street of banks and exclusive fashion boutiques, department stores and streets cafes
- ÜETLIBERG – mountain 869m – is a fantastic place for hiking
If you have more time it is really nice to also visit ZOO. MY special TIP is a BOAT TRIP on the lake which is unfogettable ! We rented a small boat and relaxed a lot in the middle of the lake!
LUCERNE –is beautiful and historical city, also very famous for its unique medieval architecture. There are many attractions to visit in Lucerne.
HERE IS MY TOP 3 MUST SEE
- OLD TOWN is magical and compact place full of history!
- CHAPEL BRIDGE (1333) is a great landmark in the old town and very photogenic
- MUSEGG Wall (from14th century) with breathtaking view to the mountains around the city and the lake!
WHAT are the traditional Swiss DISHES?
Cheese Fondue – famous food, Raclette – stylish food, Rösti – iconic food, Swiss Chocolate is very tasty and famous in the world and Swiss Cheese is also great (GRUYÉRE is my favourite), also try one of the typical breads, they have more than 200 varieties!
Switzerland is perfect for fantastic skiing holidays or mini-break or hiking! We spent long weekend in these two amazing cities and hope that next trip will be to GENEVA!